Are you using LinkedIn to boost your real estate business? LinkedIn is a social network for professionals, and if you are interested in connecting with other professionals and finding new opportunities, LinkedIn has many helpful features. Real estate agents can work to build their professional sphere, establish more credibility in the real estate industry, and demonstrate subject-matter expertise with peers and prospective buyers.
How to Use LinkedIn for Real Estate
- Reconnect: Extend invitations to old colleagues, teachers, graduates of your alma mater, and other connections who you think are beneficial to have in your professional network.
- Research: Meeting someone new or looking for information about a company or organization? See if they have a profile on LinkedIn that can provide some additional insight.
- Build referral and strategic alliances: Reach out to new colleagues, business partners, other professionals and experts in your field who you think you can learn from and who may be able to mentor your professional growth and endeavors.
- Participate in relevant Groups: Joining a LinkedIn Group is a great way to connect with other professionals who have the same interests or are working in the same industry. Start participating in the Group dialogue, and other members may decide to connect with you.
- Blog about what you know: LinkedIn’s publishing platform allows users to post blogs and gain the opportunity to have their content read by thousands. Any blog you share will show up in your profile, which helps increase your credibility in fields that are relevant to your industry.
- Post relevant and helpful information: Share articles about industry news, marketing trends and other topics that your sphere might find useful. Ask a question when posting to engage connections in conversation.
- Make recommendations: Few things are more powerful than what others have to say about you. Not only should you ask for recommendations from past customers, but you should also consider saying a few nice things about individuals with whom you work or partner regularly.
Remember, LinkedIn is a social media platform that requires frequent updates. It is important to complete your profile, add new connections and engage with your network by updating your status, sharing important articles or engaging in conversations or activities around another member’s profile (such as promotions, job changes and questions). Being active is essential to growing and expanding your network and growing your business.
No matter the platform, providing value is essential. LinkedIn is a great place to engage with people and speak about business, whether it’s sharing knowledge of the upcoming pipeline of new developments or briefly sharing trends about business.Tags: Marketing